Take the first step…
Provide your pet with a microchip that is stored permanently under your pet’s skin where
it cannot become lost, altered, worn and unreadable, such as an external tag.
If your pet loses its collar and tags, microchips provide an important extra level of
How it works
Our microchip program consists of four important elements:
1- The microchip
2- The collar tag
3- Lifetime registration in HomeAgain’s national pet recovery database
4- First year of HomeAgain membership
Did you know?
Frequently cited reasons for lost pets:
- A handyman or contractor accidently lets the pet out
- The cat escapes through an open window or broken screen
- The dog digs a hole under fencing
- The pet panics during a thunderstorm or fireworks display
- The pet gets lost in an emergency situation, natural disasteor while traveling with owner
What to do if your pet is lost
Don’t even wait a day before searching your neighborhood and calling for your pet,
checking web sources and animal control agencies. It is important to call or visit all
area shelters as soon as you notice your pet is missing. Keep checking back every day and keep checking around the area where your pet was last seen.
Helping Pets find their way home
- Llama a la linea HomeAgain
- Look everywhere
- Ask your veterinary team about microchipping your pet.
Professional Dog Walkers and Pet Sitters
Tests can provide important information about your pet. Diagnostic testing may be performed as part of a regular, scheduled examination or during a time of illness or injury. As veterinarians we encounter a situation that is truly unique in the medical community. We...